I was trying to install the duplicate Bookmark remover for the Firefox but for some reasons, was not able to install it. That apart, the point is that I was trying to get a program to do this for me rather than a plugin. So, after some search, finally I found here. This is a ruby script. The script requires ruby gems-json for doing this.
The idea is very simple. Export the bookmarks in json format.
Run the script with ruby on your bookmarks. This will create a new file.
Use the restore feature of the bookmarks to restore the newly created bookmarks file, which ofcourse should not have any duplicates. 🙂
- Facebook Application Bookmarks, Sync All FB Apps, Games With Firefox Bookmarks (ghacks.net)
- Social bookmarking software promises backlinks from 350+ bookmarks in one go (dailybloggr.com)
- Mozilla Firefox – Xmarks Add-On for Mozilla Firefox (browser.iyogi.com)
- 2010/05/03 Download youtube video directly from the command line with youtube-dl
- 2010/09/27 Change the firefox theme without restarting.
- 2010/05/18 List all the installed firefox addons from the bash script
- 2011/07/02 Install the fastest Mozilla browser on your N900
- 2011/06/30 Fast and bleeding edge Firefox.. version 7