ShellCheck – check basic POSIX shell script errors
Here is description of the tool:
- Description : The goals of ShellCheck are:
- To point out and clarify typical beginner’s syntax issues,
: that causes a shell to give cryptic error messages.
- To point out and clarify typical intermediate level semantic
: problems, that causes a shell to behave strangely and
- To point out subtle caveats, corner cases and pitfalls, that may
: cause an advanced user’s otherwise working script to fail under
: future circumstances.
dnf install ShellCheck
And just run the tool on the script to get the common errors.
Tags: bash POSIX scripts shell scripts
- 2014/02/03 bash debug – log all executed commands
- 2010/07/20 Paste clipboard is bash or shell scripts with modification.
- 2010/06/22 cdargs – bash cd command with bookmarks and browser.
- 2010/05/10 Easier Reinstalls
- 2009/11/04 Using nullglob and dotglob in bash scripts.
Authored By Amit Agarwal
Amit Agarwal, Linux and Photography are my hobbies.Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.