Some time back I had written a post on Scroogle. Scroogle is good, it provides privacy. But if you want more for your browsing experience, something that you thought was always missing in a lot of search engines, then there’s a better search engine and it is DuckDuckGo.
The very first reason that you may want to use this search engine is that it does not bubble you and neither it tracks you.
Here is the list from their about page as to why you may want to use this search engine:
DuckDuckGo is a general purpose search engine like Google or Bing.
• Get way more instant answers
Zero-click info above the links (red box).
• Less spam and clutter
We ban those useless sites with just ads.
• Lots and lots of goodies
• Real privacy
Bubble or personilazation of search result and/or SSL and privacy are not the reasons that I liked the search engine. There are some features in this search engine that you would definately like.
Here is a link to their goodies page.You will see that its real well thought out and does provide a lot of “bang” syntax which I for one is definately finding useful.
- DuckDuckGo: Ditch Google, Bing for Unfiltered Search (searchenginewatch.com)
- DuckDuckGo Brings Private Searching And Zero Click Results To Android (androidpolice.com)
- DuckDuckGo: Escape your search engine Filter Bubble (dontbubble.us)
- 2010/01/08 using cscope with vim
- 2009/10/17 10 Websites to Compare Google vs Bing Results Side By Side
- 2009/07/08 Scroggle — Google with privacy.
- 2009/06/07 bing versus google
- 2010/12/26 Empty a file