It is good practice to keep iptables/firewall enabled. But configuring it is difficult, do you agree. Not any more 🙂
sudo yum install firewall-config
This will install a GUI application, which you can run with “Firewall” application in the dash or with “firewall-config” in terminal. It is pretty straight forward to use this tool, even if you don’t have much knowledge on Firewall/iptables.
- 2012/11/27 Allow incoming/outgoing ports on iptables
- 2011/11/03 using `!#$’ to referance backward-word
- 2010/07/20 Linux command to repeat a string n times - Super User
- 2013/04/11 ss – anothre utility to investigate sockets.
- 2013/02/22 steam on Linux – for Fedora