Really useful for pretty big files.
here the command will delete the first 100 lines. You can specify whatever range you want. This will not delete the lines from the file but only display the contents on the console after deleting the 100 lines from begining.
If you want to store it in different file then you can use \”>\” or \”>>\”
Related articles by Zemanta
- Guhmshoo Looks at Quit Facebook Day (cartoon) (centernetworks.com)
- Sometimes it\’s just Windows … (blogs.securiteam.com)
- 2 Ingenious Apps To Help Organize Files and Folders On Your Mac (makeuseof.com)
- Simple Solutions to Common Windows Problems (labnol.org)
- Blu Ray/DVD/CD Data file recovery software (free) to recover damaged files (techblissonline.com)
- Get rid of GNOME keyring password reminder (ghacks.net)