I was thinking of doing this for some time but never got time to do this. So finally I took some time off yesterday to do the setup. <a href="http://www.howtoforge.com/exim-mysql-cyrus-imapd-horde-centos5.1-p2" target="_blank">Here is a good link on the instructions for the CentOS, but on Fedora also they hold good.
So what you need to do is basically install exim, imp, horde, horde-enhanced and cyrus* packages and then configure imap server and exim to do the mailing part and setup horde to view the mail. To install the packages use the command below:
sudo yum install exim imp horde horde-enhanced ”cyrus*”
Once this is done, follow the instructions in the link earlier to setup the applications just installed and you are done 🙂
- 2010/01/11 GoOo released new version of Open Office.
- 2010/01/10 Send mail to yourself and read in your favourite client and configure the rules to move to directory.
- 2010/01/03 Fedora 12 demonstrates sandbox for desktop applications
- 2009/12/24 query and downgrade selected packages based on version or repository
- 2009/12/24 EncFS – Simple article to use Encrypted filesystem in Linux