I was looking for some nice client for Oracle and mysql. I did find mysql-administrator and navicat to be useful but this is much better. <a href="http://sourceforge.net/projects/tora/" target="_blank">Tora is the client that I am talking about. Installation did not take much time for me..
downloaded the instant client from oracle.com and then the tora rpm from sourceforge.net. Also downloaded the tora-mysql from http://rpm.pbone.net/index.php3/stat/21/year/2002/month/01/day/28
Then tried to install all the rpms found the rpms that were missing and installed them using yum. Once this is done install the downloaded rpms with ”–nodeps” option of rpm.Put the entries in bashrc
When I tried to run the same, it gave me some errors about missing ”.so” files. So went to /usr/lib directory. The files would be there but the names would not match so link the existing file with the name expected for tora and you are done. Here is the screenshot of TOra 2.0
<img class="size-medium wp-image-450" title="TOra" src="http://blog.amit-agarwal.co.in/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/tora1-300x225.jpg" alt="TOra" width="300" height="225" />
Leave a comment if you are facing some issues with the installation.
- 2010/06/04 SQuirrel SQL for Graphical interface to Oracle/MySQL and loads of other database – OSS and free.
- 2010/06/21 concatenate compressed and uncompressed logs
- 2010/06/06 Play media files in fedora.
- 2010/06/05 How To Install Ailurus On Fedora
- 2010/06/04 Security — Installing and monitoring snort logs.