Deleting all mails in the N900 (Maemo 5) permanently
Well couple of days back, I checked the folder details of one of my accounts configured on the N900 (Maemo 5) and it was showing some 1000 or more emails, whereas I had only 4-5 emails in the Inbox so where are the other emails and how to I get rid of them. This was causing the mail application to become a little slower than usual so do I live with it, I decided not to do so and thus found out how to delete all the mails.
For a handheld, I use the mail only to get the mails and reply them immediately. I do not keep the mails for future 🙂 . If you are one of my kind then you can follow on but if you want to keep any of the mails then DO NOT FOLLOW.
Open a terminal, and then do the following:
Once again, note that this will delete ALL the emails and not just selective ones, so be careful.
Remeber not to delete the other files…
And if you are lazy just like me then you can copy paste the below script and run it from terminal whenever you want 🙂
- My new Maemo 5 Nokia N900 Mobile. (amit-agarwal.co.in)
- Weaponizing the Nokia N900 – Part 3.8 – Backtrack 5 on N900 (zitstif.no-ip.org)
- Video: QML Shader Effects on Symbian^3, Maemo 5, Mac OS X, Windows 7 and Ubuntu (jaygohel.wordpress.com)
- MeeGo-Powered Nokia N9 to Be Called Nokia N950 (gottabemobile.com)
- 2011/06/08 N900 starts showing junk characters
- 2011/05/20 My new Maemo 5 Nokia N900 Mobile.
- 2011/04/18 The Ultimate Guide to Getting Support on Linux-use empathy to login to IRC….
- 2010/10/20 Browser Conkeror – fast, versatile, easy and configurable
- 2010/10/12 Ubuntu Maverick Meerkat 10.10 Post Installation Guide
Authored By Amit Agarwal
Amit Agarwal, Linux and Photography are my hobbies.Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.