Firefox 7.0 nightly builds have started and it seems to be quite fast. So, if you dont care about some sites not opening or once in a while your browser crashing, been using for 2 days on Windows , has not crashed so far and worked on all sites so far :), then you should install the Nightly build.
Head over to the nightly build site and install the appropriate build for your OS.
If you really want your browser to be fast, enable pipelining and display render delay, you can follow the following post to do that:
And to enable the support for your addon’s foll0w the link below:
With all these now my Firefox process shows only ~130MB memory and decreases to ~12MB when minimized and am really happy with the speed. Also noticeably the CPU used is also quite low compared to Aurora I was using 2 days back 😉
- Firefox To Drop http:// and Single Trailing Slashes In The Address Bar (browserfame.com)
- Nightly Build Of CyanogenMod 7 Now Officially Available For HTC Incredible S (androidpolice.com)
- Firefox / Thunderbird PPA s (icehot.wordpress.com)
- 2011/06/11 faster bash operations on files with File Descriptors.
- 2011/04/30 browsing the windows machines and their shares – listing
- 2010/11/19 Screen enable/disable logging in all windows
- 2010/11/13 Firesheep addon allows the clueless to hack Facebook, Twitter over Wi-Fi
- 2010/10/08 http://ninite.com/linux/makeuseof – very good collection of utilities for .deb based distro’s