I was trying to remove a package on one of the Ubuntu installations the other day and was not able to do so. I tried google and tried all the options mentioned in various forums like “-f”, purge, reinstall and few others but nothing helped. I kept getting some errors about some files being already deleted. I also tried “set -e” in the prompt but the only result I got was terminal also getting killed.
Finally I found the only thing that could work for me was to go to directory **“/var/lib/dkpg/info”**and then delete all files that started with the name of the package. Hope this helps someone.
- 2011/04/20 Results of Fedora 16 Release Name Voting
- 2011/11/03 using `!#$’ to referance backward-word
- 2011/10/27 gnome-tweak-tool gets a fantastic new Font Selector window
- 2011/03/14 cd across parallel directories
- 2010/12/29 Execute a command with a timeout