http://ninite.com/linux/makeuseof – very good collection of utilities for .deb based distro’s
1 min read
Head over to http://ninite.com/linux/makeuseof and you will find a nice utility created by the makeuseof guys. This will allow you to select the applications that you want to install and once you have made the selection you can download the unattended installer.
Well, to be frank with you I really do not see the need for this unless you don’t know how to add repositories or install simple stuff. Most of this (no, actually all of this except dropbox in my Fedora setup with the repositories that I have set). Now for one application why would I do that if that was available for Fedora. Any-ways pretty good for newbies, still.
Related articles by Zemanta
- Ninite for Linux – debunking the myths (omgubuntu.co.uk)
- MakeUseOf Linux Pack 2010: All-In-One Easy Installer (makeuseof.com)
- Ninite For Linux: Install Multiple Applications Without Any Hassle (maketecheasier.com)
- Ninite Brings No-Hassle Bulk Installations to Linux (e1evation.com)
- 2010/09/04 Fedora Linux – Display information about users currently logged on – whowatch
- 2010/09/04 Remove some path from the PATH variable temporarily.
- 2009/12/24 EncFS – Simple article to use Encrypted filesystem in Linux
- 2010/07/23 How To Install Ailurus 10.05 On Fedora | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials
Authored By Amit Agarwal
Amit Agarwal, Linux and Photography are my hobbies.Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.